W.I.N.E.: Wine In Northeastern Europe: improving winegrowers’ marketing skills in the field of wine tourism
Presently, small and medium winegrowers from Northeastern Europe face ever increasing challenges threatening the survival of their businesses. The two main reasons of their vulnerability are the lack of adequate marketing skills and the scarce diversification of their business. It would be, therefore, important to promote wine tourism as an additional source of income by improving the skills of small and medium winegrowers in the field of marketing of wine tourism.
The purpose of the project is to identify and share good practices in the field of marketing of wine tourism in the partner countries and to use them as the basis for training of small and medium winegrowers (target group). In order to achieve this the partners will:
- identify and prepare presentations about national good practices in the field of wine tourism,
- organise a study visit in each partner country to present examples of good practices to the other partners,
- draft a compendium of the good practices identified,
- prepare training materials on the basis of the good practices identified,
- identify desirable directions of development for wine tourism in the single partner countries,
- identify possible strategies for joint promotion and synergies.
The project will allow to:
- enhance the ability of the target group to increase sales and diversify income by providing or upgrading their skills in marketing of wine tourism;
- improve the collaboration between winegrowers and other organisations providing learning opportunities;
- promote the development of innovative practices training;
- increase the mobility of winegrowers at European level in order to foster peer learning.
The project idea is the result of previous cooperation of some of the project partners in the field of wine tourism.